Tuesday 14 August 2012

Willis Commission - impact for education

A brief blog as I am just back from Nice and settling back into a different mode of being..... Was interested and very encouraged to see that degree nurses are not 'too posh to wash'. In other words, enhancing the education of nursing students does not appear to compromise their ability to be compassionate. It's my usual soapbox but I (and many of my colleagues who I discuss this with) know this. However, it is great that these early findings seem to bear out what many of us have been saying - that we need to ensure that our nursing workforce are highly educated. Of course, we must all place an emphasis on person-centred compassionate care as we work with our students in the university and in practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment